Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Eat/Drink Project

You might remember my blog from back in March when I purchased some letters from Michaels.  Well I finally finished painting them today.  I just bought some black spray paint from good ol' Home Depot and put a few coats on.  Because of the shapes of the letters some creative techniques were employed to get the nooks and crannies without spray painting myself but they were very easy to do and I'm really pleased with how they turned out!  Here are some pics, I'm not 100% sold on whether I like the words on the window as they are in the pic but for now that is their new home.  We also finally got around to hanging some art in the kitchen and putting up the candle sconces I found on clearance at Target a year and a half ago.  Now we just need to paint the door that leads to the garage, paint the trim around the door and paint the crown molding above the cabinets.  I'm also purchasing one of those cool leather storage benches like this one to put under the Eat/Drink window.  It will be used as extra seating when we are entertaining and it will also be used to store all of our outdoor (plastic) plates, silverwear and wine glasses.  During the summer we eat on the patio most nights so all the summer utensil wear will come in handy!  A couple of cute throw pillows on the bench should complete the look (and hide the fact it is storage)!

Ignore the ugly speaker wire.  oops!


the vintage booze posters and candle sconces we recently hung


Does the right window look too bare now?

1 comment:

Crystal said...

what about 1 word for each window?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...