Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Next Project



I've seen similar letters at Anthropologie or on Etsy and really like the idea of using letters as decor.  We have a ginourmous kitchen with lots of wall space (but not enough counter or cabinet space) that needs to be decorated.  I bought 2 large vintage posters that we are framing to hang on the wall above the kitchen counter but we have this other area of the kitchen that is just empty.  Jeff refers to it as the 'bar area' because it is his dream to use the space to put in a bar but until that dream comes true I'm thinking of moving the wine rack from the living room (which is part of another project which involves completely rearranging the living room) into this 'bar area' and putting these nifty letters on the wall up above, probably resting on a floating shelf.  I bought them at Michaels and I am contemplating painting them black or possible covering them with some type of fabric.  Our kitchen is done in black, white and green so I think solid black on the green wall would look really good.  I also have some awesome candle sconces I found at Pier 1 ages ago but haven't found the right spot for them yet.  I believe they may end up somewhere on the wall with these letters.  Can't wait to show you the finished project!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...