Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me...

There is a giant blank space above the bed in the guest room begging for some art work.  I've been on the lookout for some wall art that would go with my black/white, Parisian, damask themed guest bedroom but never really found anything that would be a fit.  I thought about putting some floating shelves with knick-knacks above the bed but we are in earthquake country and our guest bed gets used quite a bit.  I can just imagine a piece of wall art or a shelf full of decorative candles crushing the skulls of my peacefully sleeping guests...I follow several DIY and decorating blogs and came across a post on House*Tweaking where she had this beautiful, large monogram above her TV.  I am currently obsessed with monograms and using letters for decor and decided I just had to have one of these monograms above the giant blank space above my bed in the Master Bedroom.  While searching the website mentioned on House*Tweaking for the perfect letter 'B' I came across this set of decals which finally gave me that 'this is it!' excitement.  These little cages and birdies would be perfect for the guest room.  The best part is that they are not permanent and easy to apply.  If I decide later I don't like them, they peel right off!  Also, they are earthquake proof.  This afternoon I put them up (we have guests coming in tonight and getting the guest room all purdy takes priority over making the master purdy).  It only took about 45 minutes and was super easy.  I'm really happy with the results.  Below are some before and after pics.  You might have to click on the picture to maximize it to really see the decals.  Now, off to get the master nice and monogrammed!

Before


After with Dali Decals
The kit came with lots of extra birdies so I'm contemplating where to put some more of them.  I'll keep you poste!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...