Saturday, May 21, 2011

33


I titled this post 33 because that is how old I turned on April 29th.  I think.  Whenever someone asks me how old I am I actually have to do the math  because I can't remember if I am 31, 32...When Rosa was visiting me a few months ago she mentioned she was 31 and I believed her but later we realized that she was actually 32 and had a good laugh.  I guess after you turn 30 it's either not as important to keep track or all those brain cells you killed in college finally catch up with you.  I'm going to guess its a combo of both for me.  Anyways, I digress.  My birthday was on a Friday this year and I decided I wanted to take the day off.  Lucky me, Will and Kate decided to have their royal wedding on my birthday and since I was off, I decided I might as well get up at 3 am and watch it live.  So that is how my birthday started off.  Around 7 am I woke up off the couch (I fell asleep sometime after their 2nd kiss on the balcony) and crawled back into bed with just enough time for Jeff to kiss me goodbye before he headed off to work.  I slept in and awoke to a beautiful, sunny day and decided it was the perfect day for some shopping.  I was in desperate need of new work clothes in my new, smaller size so I headed to UTC for some major retail therapy.  I decided I need to do more small shopping trips rather than these once a year large ones.  Dropping $600 in one hour on work clothes made me feel super guilty, for about 20 minutes.  But dang, I've been looking good at work lately!  That evening I met up with Jenny Mae, Jamey and Andrea for happy hour followed by sushi and fro-yo.  Perfect ending to a perfect day.

Ponte Winery
 
The next day we hopped in the Coleman-mobile and headed to wine country.  We had a work party in the afternoon and it was just a quick trip to pick up their wine shipments but we enjoyed some incredible wine at the two wineries we stopped at.  Temecula is just beautiful and of course has a special place in my heart since I got engaged and married there.  After wine tasting we knew we needed some food in our bellies as we were heading to a work party in Escondido that was going to have a lot of wine, and we were already pretty toasted.  We stopped at EZ Take Out and let me tell you, it makes In-N-Out look like friggin' McDonalds.  It was heaven in my mouth.


EZ Takeout.  Mmmmm....
After a good long day of drinking we headed back to the Boeder Abode.  Immediately upon walking into the kitchen from the garage I noticed something was amiss.  In the past few weeks we had purchased a significant amount of wine and because we had no place to put it (all of our wine hutches were already full) I lined them up on the hutch.  There were two empty spots in the line up that had not been there when we left that morning.  The funny thing is, I had posted this picture of the wine lineup on facebook that morning:


I kept telling Jeff  "someone has been in our house and they took the Rombauer!"  I told Jeff I was going to hop on facebook to study the picture to see if I could figure out if anything else was missing.  Jeff kept laughing and telling me to look to the left.  I just kept yelling 'they took the Rombauer!'  In case you haven't picked up on it yet, I was overserved.  Finally after Jeff telling me to look to the left 5 times I did and sitting there with a big red bow on top was a new wine fridge with our Rombauer Chardonnay safely inside.



Jeff had bought me this fridge a few weeks earlier and had his sister come to the house while we were out to set it up and put in a few bottles of wine.  What an awesome surprise!  Needless to say I was very relieved that there were no wine thieves roaming Mira Mesa and very excited that I had a new home for our wine!  We now have 3 wine hutches and a wine fridge.  We've come a long way from when Jeff and I first started dating and he told me he didn't care for wine!  I also had a package from Goldie and John which included a gift certificate to my fave bar in South Bay LA, Gasser Lounge.  This place is awesome and the owner/bartender happens to love Goldie and John.  It's a Johnny Cash bar!  The gift certificate is actually a painted can of PBR.  I also had a package from my Uncle Mike that contained beautifully framed pictures of my grandparents from when they were young.  Birthdays have never really been a big deal for me and I usually could care less about celebrating but I do have some awesome friends and family who will never let a birthday of mine get by them without some fun times. 
My grandparents and a Polaroid of me as a babe.

Gift Cert for Gasser Lounge






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...