Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beautiful Downtown San Diego

I am lucky in that I work in beautiful, never-a-dull-moment, downtown San Diego!  I work on the 11th floor of a high rise right on the edge of the historic Gaslamp District with bars, restaurants and shopping right outside our lobby.  From our building you can see all of downtown, Petco Park, Coronado, The Bridge and The Bay.  Unfortunately I get so consumed at work that I often forget to turn around, look out the window and soak in the beauty that is my city.  A few years ago Andrea and I decided to utilize our lunch time for walking to fit in some exercise and break up the day.  We have a 3 mile loop that takes us 45 minutes, gets us just a little sweaty and burns 260 calories just during lunch!  We've been walking this route 3 or 4 days a week for years and I never get tired of the route.  I decided to take my camera phone with me the other day to capture a little bit of what I see everyday at lunch....



My walk begins in the shadows of the skyscrapers downtown. 




We walk past Dogs in the City and everyday there is a dog or two 'people watching' in the window.  This little guy is always in the window napping



Once I get to PCH it's time to shed the sweater because the first mile is done and the heart is pumping.  The Midway is tourist central and the next mile I'm usually dodging pedi-cabs and avoiding being in the background of pictures.

 

I then stroll through Seaport Village which is full of shops and restaurants and sits right on the water.  The Marina runs along the walking path and is full of yachts.  It's a popular running/walking spot.  I'm beginning to recognize a few fellow walking peeps.



There is also a beautiful view of Coronado. 




The last mile begins with the Convention Center stairs.  First I run up this flight....



And then this flight...



And this is the view from the top!



More from the top of the Convention Center.  The Coronado Bridge is in the background.



I then run down the stairs on the other side and the rest of my walk is through The Gaslamp




The Gaslamp is my last mile and then it is back to work I go!  After I get back to work and clean up I feel accomplished and refreshed and ready for the second half of my day.  I am so lucky to have such a beautiful lunchtime walking spot!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...