Monday, January 30, 2012

Cozumel

We departed NOLA on  Sunday evening and spent all of Monday at sea.  It was nice and relaxing and gave us a chance to sleep in late and explore the ship at our leisure.  Originally our first stop was supposed to be exploring Mayan ruins in Costa Maya but Norwegian decided to switch that stop out with what would have been our final stop, Cozumel.  I had planned Cozumel to be a relaxing beach day at an all inclusive resort so that our last excursion would be low key.  I was a little annoyed that they just switched it on us because I spent hours planning our excursions very carefully but it ended up being a great kickoff to 4 days in a row of activities.  We docked at Cozumel early in the AM and had to be on the pier to catch our bus to the resort by 8:40 (so no sleeping in for us).  The first thing I noticed when we stepped out onto the deck was the brilliant blue color of the water.  It was so clear and so vibrant!  We hopped on a charter bus and just a few minutes later were at Playa Mia Beach Park which had an open bar, all you can eat buffet, beach chairs, volleyball nets, floaties, hobie cats....you name it.  Jeff and I started the day off by double fisting with rum punch and Dox XX (hey, we were on vacation) at 9:30 in the morning.  It was already balmy and in the 80's and we spent much of the day floating and sunbathing in the warm, tranquil water.  It reminded me so much of the beautiful all inclusive we stayed at in Jamaica.  Relaxing on the beach of a tropical paradise (with an open bar) is my idea of heaven....After 4 hours of bliss we hopped back on the bus and it dropped us off across from the ship in a touristy part of the island.  Jeff and I ended up at Senor Frogs with another couple from the ship.  We enjoyed a beer and were entertained by some of the younger (late teens ,early 20's) 'kids' from our ship who were dancing, taking shots and partying like one should when in Mexico.  After Senor Frogs we souvenir shopped at the market.  Jeff and I have a tradition of buying a Christmas tree ornament at every city we visit so it was fun to go in and out of the shops and search for the perfect ornament to remind us of Cozumel.

Pulling into Cozumel


Double fisting at 9:30 AM

Jeff enjoying the clear, warm water

Dos XX at Senor Frogs

When in Mexico....

It wasn't our anny but the other side said "Happy Sex."  We picked the PG13 version.


I really enjoyed my time in Cozumel. I would love to find an all inclusive and spend some time there and maybe also in nearby Cancun.  I love me an amazing beach!


Stay tuned to hear about our next stop, Belize!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed that you didn't pick happy sex. What's wrong with you?
Cyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...